A Send-up to Something I've Cherished, My New Project

I'm coming to the end of the first draft of Run for Me, my one-time-thriller-turned-young-adult-drama novel. At times like these I start to seek out something new to work on. Keeping my momentum is key to my progress. 
With that out of the way:

Two weeks ago (from this post of course), my curiosity got the best of me. Now, whether or not I've mentioned it before, Shin Megami Tensei (and its spin-offs) is my favorite game series hands down. The whole law versus chaos, fighting the forces of heaven and hell with mythological demons had me hooked from when I picked up SMT: Strange Journey back in 2010. Since then, I've invest in mostly spin-off titles that opened up new ideas and tactics. At some point since, I'd become acquainted with the idea that the initial entries of the games were based off of a novel series called Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Story.

As far as I was aware all this time, there never was an official English translation of the Japanese novel. That is, until I found a fan translation online a few weeks ago while I was at work. Of course I jumped in to reading it and, without too much detail, was - for lack of a better term - confused and disillusioned by what I read. It was a far cry from what the video games were.

So that got me thinking about how different the two are. That, since I love the series so much, why not write my own love letter to the series. While I'm in the planning stages now, my chaotic way of doing things actually works. I wrote a first chapter and it passed the grade of my harshest critic. I don't have a title for it yet, but I do have a large portion of it planned out. Once Run for Me is done, proofed, and ready to rock and be sent out on another publishing attempt, I'll work on my little send-up.

Comments

Popular Posts